Pages

The View from My Kitchen

Benvenuti! I hope you enjoy il panorama dalla mia cucina Italiana -- "the view from my Italian kitchen,"-- where I indulge my passion for Italian food and cooking. From here, I share some thoughts and ideas on food, as well as recipes and restaurant reviews, notes on travel, a few garnishes from a lifetime in the entertainment industry, and an occasional rant on life in general..

You can help by becoming a follower. I'd really like to know who you are and what your thoughts are on what I'm doing. Every great leader needs followers and if I am ever to achieve my goal of becoming the next great leader of the Italian culinary world :-) I need followers!

Grazie mille!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Before You Take Your Kid To Olive Garden...

What is it with chain restaurants boozing up the kiddies this week? Hot on the heels of the debacle at a Michigan "Applebee's" in which a 15-month old got a margarita instead of apple juice, now a Florida Olive Garden serves up sangria to a toddler.

Read the Tampa Bay Online story here: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/apr/13/131837/toddler-mistakenly-served-sangria-at-lakeland-oliv/news-breaking/

In case you're not up on your alcoholic beverages, sangria is a mixture of red wine, grenadine, and vermouth mixed together with fruit in a simple syrup of sugar and water and served over ice. Olive Garden describes it as a "refreshing beverage, perfect for any outdoor party." Except, maybe, kid's birthday parties?

No comments:

Post a Comment